Technical Lead / Senior Software Developer H/F
R&D - Paris 15e
Join Ingenico Group (Euronext: FR0000125346 - ING), the world leader in seamless payment. Reporting to Head of Core Development & Operations, as technical Lead or Senior Software Developer you will work closely with the Architecture group and other members of the Operation teams to establish the necessary linkages with other development squad and operations to deliver on the strategic objectives. Axis is our centralized payment services gateway.
You are a strong technical leader responsible for the squad technical expertise. You are in charge the developments quality and therefore that all code produced is well designed, optimised and easy to maintain.
You are accountable for the development best practices defined together with squad lead, IT tribe lead and other senior software developer. The individual performance will be base on the quality of service deliver to the customers as well as internal users.
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- To write clean and healthy structured, well documented code
- To build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team
- To deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free
- To design and build database schemas with integrity and scalability with data access layers that are optimised for performance and security
Communication and problem solving
- To use your experience when reviewing and auditing legacy code
- To assist in critical support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the more appropriate resolution
- To take control over critical support instances and putting into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve issue as soon as possible
- To create a culture of promoting new ideas or up-sell opportunities within the team
- To encourage pro-active discussions with client delivery and account management teams
- To contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company. Including suggesting technical solutions to problems
- To instigate cross team ideas and initiatives – to bring products and services together
Company best practice
- To stay aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards as PCI-DSS
- To make sure that team/company are aware of these issues
- To ensure your knowledge of the software development and payment / message processing industry is kept up to date and relevant by networking/researching/reading blogs and news sources
- To freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas
Innovation and research and development
- To proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies
- To maintain and actively contribute to a list of innovation & research projects
- To assist by offering strategic and technical advice for anyone working on these projects
- Implementing and monitoring ongoing strategies to enable us to deliver quality and excellence through robust testing education and policies that are balanced and appropriate to the scope of project being delivered. To foster a focus on excellence across the development team
Education & Experience Requirements
- Master degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of professional experience (internships & apprenticeship excluded) in Development and Team management.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Fluent english.
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies in C/C++, python and Java.
- Must be familiar with Git.
- Must be very familiar with Linux, both as a target platform and as a development environment. In short, broad knowledge of programming under a Linux platform is mandatory (ideally contributes actively to an open source project).
- Experience with modern application architecture and development (e.g. microservices, containers).
- Exposition to Docker and modern tool chains is very appreciated.
Who are you ?
- Strong leadership
- Strong logical and analytic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about Software Development
- Reliable and flexible
- Good sense of creativity
Dans le cadre de sa politique Diversité & Handicap, Ingenico étudie toutes candidatures à compétences égales.