The Retail/ Payment Platforms division is a cross country organization gathering both card present (CP) and card non present (CNP) high-volume and high-availability platforms within Ingenico. Our common target is to move from a platform to a service organization, leveraging on our global pool of IT resources to enhance our offer and capabilities. You will be joining Ingenico Group, a company in full transition to a new era of payments, covering both hardware, software and services as tooling for merchants to grow their business. A company, that over the past 7 years has shown, a remarkable and constant appetite for market share.
In this strong transformation context, we are looking for a Continuous Delivery Lead (CDL) working for the R&D AXIS/MCS based in Paris, France. The Research & Development (R&D) department is structured in Tribes and Squads, each Tribe is responsible for a specific part of our Product Portfolio or Technology Stack. The objective of our department is to develop and manage the software product portfolio. R&D adds value by creating marketable products that help our customers to become more successful and by supporting Ingenico’s internal business processes
The Continuous Delivery Lead (CDL) is supportive to one or more of our tribes. Each tribe consists of several Squads that deliver software changes for a specific Ingenico AXIS product line. The CDL supports its tribe by ensuring that all business and technical aspects of the delivery of functionalities are executed smoothly and that software delivery over our environments is a continuous and aligned process. To achieve this the CDL works closely together with the IT Tribe Lead, the Business Tribe lead (/Product Owner) and the development teams within the Squads.
Fast removal of impediments, timely preparation of ceremonies, fruitful collaboration with concerned business and IT departments to manage any dependencies are the key tasks and responsibilities of the CDL. He/she also assists the Tribe and Product Owner with idea funnelling, as well as with timely prioritization and identification of requirements.
- Governance: Enable product vision understanding within squads and secure audit-proof requirements
- Financial Management: Forecast annual budget in terms of iterations and service increments of all EPICS within his/her scope on time for V0 and V1 portfolio budget exercises
- Planning / Forecasting at Tribe Level : Prepare Service Increment (SI) Ceremonies at his/her own tribe level. Review current SI progress and prepare scope for next SI with PO/TL/ITL.
- Planning / Forecasting at Multi-Tribe Level : Setup/Animate service increment multi- tribes ceremonies to select the EPICs/USER STORIES scope for the next service increments that corresponds to a timeline of 8 weeks of Dev
- Service increment demo/retro Multi-Tribe Level: Setup/Animate Service Increment demo/retro ceremonies in order to show value delivery and obtain feedback for potential release decision
- Risk Management – Multi-Tribe level: Continuously monitor risks impacting value delivery and work with product management, architects, OPS, customer project manager and product owners to maximize alignment and value delivery; identifies dependencies, risks and issues and assist removing impediments at this level
- Infrastructure delivery : Cooperate with Release manager to setup release management ceremonies in order to follow up and obtain proper release management visibility and delivery
- Agile Best practices : Promote continuous improvement practices and accounts for sprints retrospectives outcomes; Lead by example with respect to change management programs; Foster craftsmanship practices, frequent deliveries of value and shorter time to market cycles. Champion I-AM values and guiding principle and provide continuous feedback for its improvement.
- Build and Share Reporting: Measure progress of epics deliveries within his/her scope with respect to delivered value and forecasted budget through his / her updated EPICS roadmap and EPICS burndown / burnup charts; Be accountable for providing transparency on delivery through monthly/SI reporting and stimulate teamwork and team commitment;
- Can be involved as Interface with External customer to manage UAT/certification activities with squad technical support
The CDL proposes and continuously improves implementation-related processes that drive the technical delivery of his/her tribe and assures proper maintenance by the IT Operations team after delivery. When relevant, the CDL assures that delivered functionalities are properly marketed by the concerned stakeholders.
Using his/her technical expertise and superb interpersonal skills, the CDL works together with the IT Tribe Lead and the Product Owner to assure that business and technical initiatives of various sizes requested to the tribe are prioritized, planned and delivered within time, scope and budget. He/she provides clear monthly reporting to all stakeholders about the tribe’s delivery and the short and long term roadmap.
Skill / Experience Requirements
- 4-6 years of hands on experience in taking a key role in an agile, for instance as Scrum Master, Product Manager or IT Project Manager;
- Demonstrated experience in large organizations in roles which include structuring of activities, estimation of time and costs, execution to plan, delivery of results;
- Experience in managing technical aspects of software delivery in at least three of the following areas: front end development, back end development, infrastructure, middleware, data warehousing;
- Certified Scrum.org ‘Professional Scrum Master’ is a nice to have.
- Scaled Agile experience is important to have
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts;
- Experience in Financial or Payment industry in senior delivery roles;
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams, onshore, offshore and nearshore;
- Experience in implementation of continuous improvement methodology (Lean, Six Sigma);
- Experience with a professional, structured Project Management Methodology is a nice to have (i.e. Prince2, CMMI, PMI); Ability to work across functional and business unit lines and develop and maintain a culture of partnership with the Group project and product delivery managers and between all parts of the organization.