Technical Leader - Payment Platform - Axis R&D - F/M
The Retail/ Payment Platforms division is a cross country organization gathering both card present (CP) and card non present (CNP) high-volume and high-availability platforms within Ingenico. Our common target is to move from a platform to a service organization, leveraging on our global pool of IT resources to enhance our offer and capabilities. You will be joining Ingenico Group, a company in full transition to a new era of payments, covering both hardware, software and services as tooling for merchants to grow their business. A company, that over the past 7 years has shown, a remarkable and constant appetite for market share.
In this strong transformation context, we are looking for a Technical Leader (TL) working for the R&D AXIS/MCS based in Paris, France. The Research & Development (R&D) department is structured in Tribes and Squads, each Tribe is responsible for a specific part of our Product Portfolio or Technology Stack. The objective of our department is to develop and manage the software product portfolio. R&D adds value by creating marketable products that help our customers to become more successful and by supporting Ingenico’s internal business processes.
The Tech-Lead is accountable for successful delivery of a project / key features defined by the Product Owner involving his/her squad(s) (team).
He/she drives and monitors the technical decisions in his/her squad and leads the teams that run and support the delivery of its components. He is evaluated against delivering the agreed quality of service to the customers as well as internal users.
Reporting to: IT tribe lead AXIS Also, the Tech-Lead will work closely with the Continuous Delivery lead, the architect and other Tech-Lead of the Axis tribes to establish the necessary linkages in order to deliver on the strategic objectives established at the AXIS organization level.
• Split EPICs in User Story detailed enough to allow Squad to implement them with confidence
• Be the technical referent accountable for the good application of the state-of-the-art development practices in his/her team and for any technical arbitration.
• Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of code quality metrics/KPI (tests, coverage, warnings, code static analysis, code review, coding standards etc...). He/she must ensure that the trend is continuously improving.
• Support the PO to identify requirements, constraints and dependencies
• Responsible for application integration and smooth deployment
• Drive continuous quality improvement and foster the DevOps approach
• Manage his/her squad (appraisal, objectives) and support them through the changes
Key Performance Objectives/Indicators
- Lead by example by contributing to the product improvement on a daily basis
- Reduce the technical debt (continuously fixing defects)
- Participate to the setup of the new software factory (DevOps)
- Empower people and create conditions of motivating environment
- Monitor and track the good performance of his/her team (velocity, quality)
- Create conditions of trust between his/her team, the business and especially with the Product Owner but also with all others AXIS stakeholders
- Document the technical decisions that will be required to discuss with his/her management
- Be the main interlocutor between his/her team and other squads, especially during all alignment meetings (synchro., service increment planning) Ensure that his/her team fills properly their timesheets
- Language C / C++ : Advanced level
- Good AGILE understanding (scrum master certification is a plus)
- DB/SQL : Medium level
- Java: Medium level
- Linux : good knowledge expected
- Scripting (bash & python) : nice to have
- Knowledge on Docker, CMake, Git & GitLab-CI is strongly appreciated DevOps oriented
- Managing and developing international, high profile teams of professionals in a competitive environment
- Influence others through credibility, persuasion, substance and passion
- Autonomous, organized
- Strong analytical ability
- Dynamic and meticulous
- The ability to identify and mitigate risk